As first on question how to change IP address? and can i change my IP address we can give you 2 answers and actually 2 solutions.
First solution is changing IP address through command prompt and releasing and renewing your IP address assigned to you from ISP.
Remember that it is only valid if your ISP assign you dynamical IP address. Dynamical IP address means that you will obtain another IP address every time you are connected to the internet.
If you have static IP address then you will with this method be able to renew your IP address but your IP address (static IP address) will be not changed. If you have static IP address then theonly way for changing IP address is calling your ISP and give them good reason why you want to change IP address.
How to Change IP Address in Windows XP
Back to first method for more details regarding answer on question how to change ip address. To change computer IP address (WIndows XP):
- Go to “Start”, “Run”
- type “cmd”
- In black window open type “ipconfig /release”
- type “ipconfig /renew”
- Alternative method for changing IP address which will give you same results for Windows XP is through:
- “Network Connections”
- Into Networks Connection window and you will see your internet connection (something like Local Area Connection )
- Select it and with right mouse chose “Disable”. Wait a few moments until process has been finished
then again select your internet connection with right mouse and click on “Enable”
How to Change IP Address in Windows Vista
Below is method to change IP address in Windows Vista:
- Right click on “Networks” and then “Properties”
- “Network and Sharing Centre”
- Into “Network and Sharing Centre” right click on your network card
- Select “Diagnose” and then into “Windows Network Diagnostics” window select “Reset the network adapter”
Finally give Vista permission to continue….How to Change IP Address in Windows 7
To change IP address in Windows 7 please follow these steps:
“Start” – “All Programs”, “Accessories” and right click on “Command Prompt” and then chose “Run as Administrator”
- “Start” and then type in “Search” field “cmd”
- Right click on “cmd.exe” and then chose “Run as Administrator”
- Type “ipconfig /release”
- type “ipconfig /renew”
To change IP address automatically in Windows 7 follow these steps:
- “Start” and then go to “Control Panel”
- Left click on “Network and Internet” and then choose “Network and Sharing Center”
- On the left side choose “Change adapter settings”
- Right click on your network card and from the drop-down choose “Properties”
- Under the “Networking” tab
- Choose “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” or “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” and then click on “Properties”
- In next window you have option between “Obtain an IP Address Automatically” and “Use the following IP Address”
- You need almost always to select “Obtain an IP Address Automatically” to change IP address automatically
- Finally click on “OK” and your IP address should be changed
Note that you need to type everything without quotes in our examples above.
Import: Your IP address will be changed (renewed or resetted) in any situation using methods above but will be changed only if your ISP assign to your computers dynamical IP address each time you are connected to the internet.
The people who are behind static IP address do not have another choice than change IP address location by using of proxy server (See tutorial about proxy server How to Hide IP Address?).
Do not misunderstood us. You can use same methods described above for renewing your IP address (if you have slow connection or other network trouble with your ISP) but your IP address will not be changed and will still remain same
Powered by Qumana